I'M BACK!!!!

 


Well guys I'm back!!! It's taken a while, I had a massive set back mentally which I will do a post on when I can put it into words. But in short I had some suppressed trauma which was triggered and caused an episode on top over all this coronavirus stuff and lockdown. Then during lockdown I was also diagnosed as diabetic which has progressed to needing insulin to stay under control, and having to have investigations done on my liver due to Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) to see the amount of scarring and damage. Again I will do a post on NAFLD for those who are interested. Some can have this disease and not even have any symptoms but due to medication I've previously been on for mental health along with my other conditions, I am one of the unlucky few who do get symptoms. Whilst away I have been working on mental health management techniques, diet, weight-loss, confidence, recovery and wellness techniques.

So going forward I want this blog to not only focus on illness/health, but to also cover recovery and wellbeing. I will be sharing meal ideas (low carb, high protein, some fat) and meal plans, as well as management techniques that are currently working for me and wellness techniques also. I'm hoping to have a competition coming in a few weeks working with an app I have been using, which is amazing!!! I know when I do the post you are all going to just love it as much as I do. 

I will also be a published poet in a couple of weeks time! the book is a collaboration of mental health sufferers which also includes artwork drawn by group members as well (don't worry I havent drawn anything, trust me you don't need to see that lol). It will be available in kindle format as well as paperback and all proceeds go back into the mental health charity that we are a part of. The book will be available on Amazon smile from Saturday 14th November 2021, there are so many more talented people than myself in the book and I'm hoping you will support us if you can. It is titled "Creative Expressions: freedom through poetry and art"


Come next year 22nd April-22nd July I will be taking part in Diabetes UK's SWIM22, where I have 12 weeks to swim 22 miles (the length of the English Channel) in my local pool. As someone who has diabetes and especially insulin controlled diabetes, the work Diabetes UK does directly affects my quality of life. With out the research funded by donations a huge number of diabetics would no longer be here. So again I'll add my fundraising page for those who can and would like to donate, I'd be forever grateful. If you aren't able to donate please think about sharing the page and get it out there 🙏. Again closer to the time (beginning of next year) I will do a post about what Swim22 is, rules etc and how to take part if you would like. If enough people would like to also take part I could create a team for us so we feel that we're in it together.

https://swim22.diabetes.org.uk/fundraising/emily209?fbclid=IwAR3wBIpLfjGM8x7-YBYm-VL0zdYvTFY4DuJitc-n9DMuKxxkqGEMkT1cNWg


Well I think I have given you all enough to read, I hope to put up my first "official" post in the next few days. But in the mean time if you check under my meal ideas and meal plans page I have added a dry rub recipe for chicken wings that I did this week, so you can try it out at home!!

Love EMIIBO xx

Comments

Post a Comment